You're invited to join us for 'Waikato's Climate Challenges' - a dynamic and fast-paced online event, that is set to bring together climate experts and champions from across the region!
Together, we'll spend the evening deep-diving into the root causes and system patterns of some of the most pressing climate challenges facing the Waikato, including:
- transport (how do we bring our mobility to zero emissions, whilst being accessible & affordable to all?)
- energy (what can enable energy usage to become more efficient & sustainable?)
- food systems (how can we transform our food systems to be healthier, fairer & more sustainable?)
- empowerment (how can all people be empowered to take action on climate change in the Waikato?)
- biodiversity (in what ways can the biodiversity in the Waikato be increased significantly?)
- Kahurangi Carter (Zero Waste Advocate, Educator & Empowerer - Para Kore)
- Dr Janelle Ward (Biodiversity Expert - Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari)
- Ian Mayes (Eco Design Advisor & Healthy Homes Expert - Hamilton City Council)
- Jose Gonzalez (Passenger Rail Lead - Waikato Regional Council)
- And Paul Murray (Waste & Environmental Educator) as MC
This panel discussion is in the lead-up to Climathon Waikato - a hackathon-style event - where, in early November, you can join forces with other locals to co-create solutions to shared climate challenges.
This year, Climathon Waikato will focus on these 5 challenges, which have been provided by Rangatahi Voices - the first-ever official youth forum/platform for the Waikato Region. Learn more here.