Open Challenge Accelerator
Are you looking to boost your business and make the world a better place? Look no further, the Open Challenge Accelerator is the right fit for you!
The Open Challenge Accelerator is an entrepreneurial support programme designed for entrepreneurs wanting to grow a business that does good for people, prosperity and the planet. We combine the international experience of our Impact Hub network with high-quality local expertise to deliver a hands-on business acceleration programme that is unique to New Zealand.
Is this you?
- I’m potentially sitting on a really big opportunity here but need help to move it forward
- I’ve started a business but have no formal structure or plan and am winging it
- I have some form of market validation but need to test this further
- My business is disruptive, scalable and might have unique intellectual property
- My business could be a high value brand opportunity for New Zealand
- I need quick access to seed funding to drive my business forward
- I'm looking for scale, quality connections and capital
- I need pragmatic & practical advice
- I'm ambitious & coachable
- I’m based in New Zealand
If you identify with any of the above, then you should join the next cohort of the Open Challenge Accelerator! Register your interest early and you’ll be the first to know when applications are open. More information about what’s involved and how to apply below.
ARE YOU AN IMPACT-DRIVEN STARTUP OR ORGANISATION LOOKING TO GROW AND SCALE YOUR OPERATIONS AND IMPACT IN AOTEAROA AND BEYOND?
Impact Hub will be delivering the Open Challenge Accelerator in late 2021-early 2022.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Access to high-quality capacity building workshops led by local impact entrepreneurs and experts in their field
- Topics include: Impact Measurement, Growth Planning and Revenue Management, Scaling Operations, Marketing Strategy and Sales, Capital Options and Impact Investment, Pitching etc.
- Individual coaching and mentoring to ensure that you and your team receive tailored support specific to your organisation’s needs
- Includes: Venture Management, Self-Leadership and Mindset Coaching, Business Mentoring
- Access to our pool of service providers for project-based support in Business Validation, Budgeting and Financial Planning, Investment Readiness, Marketing Strategy etc.
- Peer-2-peer support and regular networking opportunities
- 1 year Impact Hub Waikato membership incl. discounted access to workshops, events and programmes as well as coworking options at our Inspiring Space in central Hamilton.
- A clear roadmap for operational scalability and
financial sustainability to ensure that you can create
impact in the long term.
- Understanding of the dual-purpose business model
and managing the trade-offs between financial and
- A clear understanding of capital needs, how to raise
potential investment and how to become
- Learning how to become a successful entrepreneur
who can look after your own and your team’s well-being.
- Becoming nationally and internationally connected to
find and access the right support for your niche.
MEET THE OPEN CHALLENGE COHORT OF 2020
8 teams were selected for the programme in 2020, which delivered 8 months of capacity building workshops, coaching, mentoring and expert advice, peer-2-peer support and international connections through our global network of startups and entrepreneurs.
HERE’S WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
‘I really valued the level of interest and extra assistance by Paul and Ella (Impact Hub team) within our social enterprise on using their skills to help out with whatever is needed. The workshops were all not to be missed because of the extremely high calibre of workshop presenters. It was also great to have people really helping with giving feedback and refining your pitch, so that you have an Investment ready pitch whenever you need it.’
Rory Birkbeck, Founder of Safe Surfer
‘The programme has been instrumental in helping me to understand much more deeply what is actually involved in growing a business to become viable and sustainable. There really is a lot more to it that I would ever have thought. I think that it has helped me to see what needs to happen and what a successful business looks like in a realistic way.’
Kelly Gyde, Founder of Brainy Picture People
STEPS TO APPLY
- Fill out the online application form
- Have a 45 min call with our team
- Share any requested additional documentation e.g. Pitch Deck, Lean Canvas or Business Plan and a video submission in which you introduce yourself, your company and why you want to be in this cohort (~10 mins)
- Admission and intake
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAMME
- You have a clearly defined dual-purpose (intention to make both a profit and a positive impact)
- You are ready to trade or are already on the market
- You have a product or service that is (somewhat) scalable
- You have the ambition to grow your impact and organization
- You are based in the Waikato, Bay of Plenty or Auckland
- You are open to being coached and mentored to improve your business and impact
- You are generally positive and fun, like us! :)
Highly subsidized by our funders (actual value is approx. ~20K), the fee for the 6-month programme is $2000 excl. GST.
If this investment is a barrier to participation for you and your impact venture, please get in touch with the Impact Hub Waikato team.